From mandated government stay-at-home orders to gut wrenching stories on the news, the coronavirus has caused more than just physical harm to our world. Yes, the spreading of this unknown virus has ca…Read More
Child & Teen Counseling in Illinois
Children and adolescents are at a highly individualistic and complex time of their lives. Many youth stumble as they develop into their identities. Sometimes families find that they need the help of family and child therapy. Children and adolescents sometimes exhibit oppositional behavior, aggression, mood swings, anxiety, depression, body image issues, or even self-harm. We have found that therapy can assist children/adolescents and families understand and resolve problems, change behavior, and make encouraging changes in their lives. During therapy, children/adolescents will learn to recognize negative thought patterns and substitute this thinking with thoughts that result in more positive feelings and behaviors.
Benefits of Child/Teen Therapy:
- Receive emotional support
- Resolve conflicts with oneself and people
- Identify beliefs, feelings and behaviors that are negatively impacting our disposition
- Try out new solutions to old problems.
- Change old behavior patterns and develop new ones
- Improve relationships with friends or family
- Less anxiety/depression and better self-esteem
Contact us at New Transitions Counseling Center for more information and to schedule therapy for your child or teen.