Child & Teen Therapy
Children and adolescents are highly individualistic and complex. Many youth stumble as they develop into their identities and families find that they need the help of therapy. Children and adolescents sometimes exhibit oppositional behavior, aggression, mood swings, anxiety, depression, body image issues, or even self-harm. We have found that therapy can assist children/adolescents and families understand and resolve problems, change behavior, and make encouraging changes in their lives. During therapy, children/adolescents will learn to recognize negative thought patterns and substitute this thinking with thoughts that result in more positive feelings and behaviors.
Benefits of Child/Teen Therapy:
- Receive emotional support
- Resolve conflicts with oneself and people
- Identify beliefs, feelings and behaviors that are negatively impacting our disposition
- Try out new solutions to old problems.
- Change old behavior patterns and develop new ones
- Improve relationships with friends or family
- Less anxiety/depression and better self-esteem